St Mary’s is a Grade II Roman Catholic church in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Hallam.
This church was constructed in 1838 in the Gothic Revival style for the Duke of Norfolk.
The church was given an English Heritage grant for repairs to the roofs and parapet gutters. The roofs are steeply pitched in graduating welsh slate and the lead parapet gutters are too long. The Stage 1 Development work confirmed that the roof structure was generally sound and that a large portion of the slates were reusable. Detailed drawings and specifications were prepared to re-cover the nave roof and re-form the parapet gutter and lead apse roof before construction commenced.
- Roman Catholic Church of St Mary
- Parish of St Mary & St Joseph
- English Heritage Grant Aided Roof Repairs
- Grade II