We were very excited to be commissioned to design the new club house building for the Retford Lawn Tennis Club.
The club was founded in 1891 and has occupied the current site for many years.
The Club is set in an enviable and scenic position backing onto the Chesterfield Canal and lying close to Retford Town Centre and located near the grade II listed Trinity Hospital.
The new facilities are modern and spacious, the Club House provides Changing Rooms, Kitchen and a Common Room. There is a veranda looking over the existing courts providing a sheltered viewing area.
To minimise the visual impact on the wider site the new building has been located closer to the tennis courts, this in turn provides space to improve vehicular access to the site and structured parking. The building is clad with timber boarding over a brick plinth and covered with a low pitched slate hipped roof, although simply detailed, attention to detail is always present, for example when using tennis ball transfers as manifestation on the glass doors.
- Retford Lawn Tennis Club
- Trinity Hospital Estates
- New Club House
- Conservation Area